Bietschhorn Hut (from Wiler)
More information / Links
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Bietschhorn Hut - One of the oldest mountain huts in the Swiss Alps offers pure unadulterated romance. The hut is not only the starting point for ascents of the Bietschhorn and Wilerhorn, but also offers attractive intersecting routes for ambitious mountain hikers. More information on: Tel. +41 (0)79 305 85 94, www.aacb.ch
The postbus runs every hour from Gampel/Steg or Goppenstein to Wiler ("Wiler, Seilbahn" postbus stop).
You can park your car in the outdoor car park or in the indoor car park beside the cable car valley station (not free).
Drive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden and Kippel as far as Wiler to the valley cable car station.
This tour is presented by: Lötschental Marketing AG, Author: Lötschental Marketing AG