Goppenstein - Niwen - Gampel
The descent via the SW ridge is somewhat exposed and you may need to use your hands in the short chimney to the north. Follow the path in a south-easterly direction to the "Obere Fäsilalpu" and then follow the ski lift (otherwise take the road) from the Stafel to the "Underi Fäsilalpu". From Jeizinen (on the edge of the Rhone Valley) follow the path towards Gampel (hikers can also take the cable car to Gampel).
This route can also be walked in the opposite direction.
More information / Links
- We recommend that a state-certified mountain guide accompanies you on this mountain tour
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
The 1:25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Goppenstein railways station can be quickly and conveniently reached by rail and bus.
You can park your car in the car park at Goppenstein railway (not free).
Drive to Goppenstein railway station.
This tour is presented by: Lötschental Marketing AG