Lötschental Panoramic Trail
The classic panoramic hike: The Lötschental Panoramic Trail from Fafleralp to Faldumalp
The Lötschental Panoramic Trail is one of the best-known Panoramic trails in the Valais. Situated almost entirely between 1,800 and 2,100 m above sea level, this route offers hikers a magical panoramic view of the Lötschental. The trail takes hikers through wild, romantic forests and across Alpine meadows and offers idyllic picnic spots to rest and recover on the edge of the picturesque Schwarzsee lake. Descent from the Faldumalp to Ferden (gradually sloping natural path) or to Goppenstein (rather steeper descent via Haselleen).
More information / Links
- good footwear
- clothing suitable for the weather: always carry a waterproof jacket
- hat or cap
- bottle for water
- binoculars (optional)
- hiking poles (optional)
- printout of this hike (click «Print» icon, to download)
- Plan your tour carefully
- Ensure that you have a full set of appropriate equipment
- Never embark on a tour alone
- Inform friends, relatives, the mountain hut supervisor or the hotel porter of your proposed tour. Report back when you arrive at your destination.
- Keep a constant eye on weather developments
- Adhere to the principle: if in doubt, turn back!
The 1: 25,000 scale hiking map is your perfect companion for an unforgettable day's hiking in the Lötschental. Available from the Lötschental Tourist Information Office in Wiler or online at www.loetschental.ch/webshop
Along the way there are numerous restaurants. On the website www.loetschental.ch you will find the opening hours of the restaurants along the way.
The postbus runs every hour from Gampel/Steg or Goppenstein to Fafleralp ("Fafleralp" postbus stop).
You can park your car in the Fafleralp car park (not free).
Drive into the Lötschental from Goppenstein, past the villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten to the Fafleralp car park.
This tour is presented by: Lötschental Marketing AG, Author: Lötschental Marketing AG